When Stephen was accused of speaking against Moses, He was brought infront of the council to justify. He preached the whole history of Israel from Abraham to Jesus in just one chapter Acts 7. I would like to share 7 new things, what Lord taught me through this message.
- God is a God of Families: Acts 7:2, And he said, Brethren and fathers, hearken: The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Haran(where Terah died). God spoke to Abraham even before the death of Abraham’s Terah (as Terah started with Abraham from Ur (Gen 11:31). Terah knew the call of Abraham.
Acts 7:5 and he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: and he promised that he would give it to him in possession. Lord promises will be fulfilled even if you see nothing now. God revealed HIMSELF to Abram and his dad, Terah too – God promised Abram when Abram had absolutely nothing — God made the WHOLE family know the will of GOD…HE spoke his will in UR itself and not only in HARAN..
- Joseph Had tough times: Acts 7:10delivered him out of all his afflictions, and gave him favor and wisdom. 17 when he was put into pit and 30 when he was Governor, in between 13 years, was tough but Lord delivered out of all afflictions.
Joseph suffered so long and so much … God permits tough times and suffering so that you will have the proper maturity to handle the great things of God. God is preparing you for the next battle. Before
- God see you as precious: Acts 7:20,It was at this time that Moses was born; and he was lovely in the sight of God Do have low esteem, and feel you are good for nothing. You are precious and Lord made you wonderfully and fearfully. Lord created you in precision.
Acts 7:17 But as the time of the promise was approaching which God had assured to Abraham. Lord has set a time for the fulfillment of promises
We are precious in HIS eyes.. If ur promise is getting delayed…Its only because God’s TIME is still coming.. Its on its way…
- Moses was great in Words and Deeds in Egypt itself:Acts 7:22, Moses was educated in all the learning of the Egyptians, and he was a man of power in words and deeds. He had great wisdom, he was powerful.
Acts 7:25 And he supposed that his brethren understood that God was granting them deliverance through him. Moses knew at 40 that deliverance is through him. Your call has been planted in you as you desires by God. Lord delights in our desires.
Moses was exceptionally good in speech and action…HE was a powerful man …He knew much before itself that God was going to use him to deliver Israel
- Lord remembers your hurt. Acts 7:35This Moses whom they disowned, saying, ‘WHO MADE YOU A RULER AND A JUDGE?’ is the one whom God sent to be both a ruler and a deliverer with the help of the angel who appeared to him in the thorn bush
The Lord knows our smallest humiliation … Our smallest pain HE knows and HE will settle it for you…HE takes account of it ALL… God sent an angel with Moses to get done what had to be done.. We have angels with us ..Don’t mess up with your call by taking it lightly
- Moses was a Prophet.Acts 7:37This is the Moses who said to the sons of Israel, ‘GOD WILL RAISE UP FOR YOU A PROPHET LIKE ME FROM YOUR BRETHREN
Moses had the revelation knowledge of the birth of Jesus..God made Moses as a prophet to prophesy about Jesus so that Israel would simply listen … Wow at that time to know about Jesus.
- Lord will deliver us to evil, when?Acts 7:42 But God turned away and delivered them up to serve the host of heaven
God permitted them to worship other Gods and stray from God when we do not GLORIFY GOD and give THANKS TO GOD after knowing GOD(Rom 1:21, For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened)… God’s seal of protection will be taken away when we do not GLORIFY GOD and HONOUR GOD after knowing God… Does your heart NOT HONOUR GOD or THANK GOD…??
HONOUR GOD and HE will make you be HOLY through HIS protection…
Result of not honoring and thanking God from your heart. Rom 1:24,26 Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them…. For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural,